Sunday, February 26, 2012

One of the billion reasons why I love my husband

Friday was supposed to be fun. I took a vacation day with nothing but a dentist visit on my itinerary for the day. Friday morning I wake up...blech. I want to puke so I do. I am so sick and my stomach is in knots. The pain was what woke me up. I cancelled my teeth cleaning. I was in such a panic about not wanting to throw up again I pretty much told the receptionist that I was clenching my teeth to not boot while I was on the phone with her. I texted Jim and told him I was sick (in case he was too). I went back to bed and only woke up from pain. Aside from that I slept until almost 4 that afternoon. I finally decided to get up and take a shower.

Around 7 or so, Jim came home. I was afraid to make anything in case I had Ebola, so I suggested that he order out. He was concerned that I didn't want anything, but all I had managed at that point was a granola bar and some pretzels so I was fine with not eating. When the food showed up, he had ordered a sub and some chicken fingers. He asked me if  I wanted to try a chicken finger and I said sure, why not? It was heaven. It was hot and chicken-y and delicious. He let he have the rest of them. And for the first time that day, I didn't feel sick.

He was my hero that night. His generosity and love made me feel better. He is always generous and loving. And that is just one reason why I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment