Thursday, March 1, 2012

Blogging in my underwear....???

It's been a couple of months now that I have taking random things in my life and putting them on the interwebs. It's been an interesting time of learning about myself. Up to this point in time, I have only shared this blog with relatives, and a few good friends. I think I'm ready to share with the world, and by "the world" I mean Facebook.

It probably seems bizarre but blogging makes you feel very vulnerable. It's like being in your underwear in front of people. In fact, it's proactively asking people to look at you in your underwear. It's scary because you want people to enjoy it. I want you to smile, maybe even laugh and sometimes think (I know, scary). The responses I have had so far have been positive, thank god, because it keeps me from opening a vein in a warm tub. But it's time to spread my e-wings and e-fly.

So, with that being said, I will be going public soon. One of my colleagues and blogger mentors is helping me through this phase because she gets it. It makes me feel better knowing that someone else understands how weird it is to ask people to see me in my underwear. In the spirit of sharing my thoughts with the "Faceworld" I thought I would put together a small list of things I have learned about myself since starting to write:
  1. I write just like I talk: no filters and very little planning ahead. Although I swear less here (but not purposefully. I think I just swear less in my head).
  2. I worry about what people think about half the time. The other half, I don't give a rat's ass.
  3. I think about punctuation more than I thought I would, but less about grammar and proper sentence structure.
  4. I write, spell check, publish, then go back and fix stuff.
  5. I kind of like doing this even though it's scary
  6. I write the F word and then change it to something else (see "rat's ass, above) because the actual word "fuck" looks yucky in writing to me.
  7. I start every post with the word "So,...". Then I go back and erase it because it annoys me.
So, on to bigger and different experiences in the the blogsphere. Wish me luck :)

                                                         Awesome Badass-ness
                                           

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love this post. And I love the way you write.

    That bit about "asking people to look at you in your underwear"? SO freaking spot on - and yes, it is a bit unnerving, isn't it?

    So, here you go, chickie, you've been tagged. Do as much or as little with it as you're comfortable with. I hope it helps some folks out there discover just how awesome you are. :)

    (Gotta go here to learn the details: http://www.bringingupbella.com/2012/03/tag-im-it.html)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that tag! And thanks for getting it :)

    ReplyDelete