Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday Slow Cooking

Today, I am making Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff. It's one of my all time favorite slow cooker meals. Here's the list of ingredients:

      Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
  • 1.5 - 3 lbs stew beef
  • 1 large onion, quartered and sliced
  • 1 container Philadelphia Cooking Cream in Savory Garlic
  • 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
  • 1 can sliced mushrooms (not in this house, but you might be able to sneak them in, in your house)
  1. Throw the stew beef in the bottom of the crock pot. You can brown it in advance but I am too lazy to use another pan.
  2. Throw the onions on top of the beef.
  3. Dump the cooking cream on top of the onions 
  4. Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours. Don't peek because it looks gross.
  5. After 7-8 hours, open the lid and stir. The beef will shred up and everything will mix together.
  6. Serve over egg noodles (or any noodle you want)
Try this. It's a tasty and simple cold weather meal to make. I chose to make it today because it was supposed to snow but the weather people lied and now the dusting we got is already gone. I want to be a meteorologist because you basiaclly get paid to be a bad psychic.

Happy Cooking!
Dana

5 comments:

  1. I am making this tomorrow. I hope it's yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this yesterday served it over steamed organic white rice because I couldn't find any suitable gluten free "egg noodles" at the store. It still rocked. Very filling and satisfying. Hubby suggested adding carrots the next time which I will try. He's a veggie lover, what can I say?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat, I love it everytime I make it. I bet carrots would be great in it! If we ate vegetables in this house, I would throw a handful or two of frozen peas in for the last 20 minutes. I love peas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's soooo good and it"s stupid easy to make!

    ReplyDelete