Saturday, April 28, 2012

Letter G: The Greatest Doughnut Ever

There are certain times in my life where only one thing can make feel sane..this thing can create balance in my mind. It calms me, sedates me, and loves me for who I am. That thing is sugar. Sweet, glorious, hole-in-my-soul filling sugar. To me sugar is almost a religion. And on Friday, I had a craving like no other. My friend Shelby and I were on our back from a filling lunch at Bertucci's. My lunch was tasty but something was missing...something was not calming the beast. So I asked Shelby if she minded making a pit stop with me a Honeydew Donuts. I needed a sweet fix. She agreed and in we went.

While standing at the counter, I couldn't decide what I wanted. There were a lot of choices and I had to pick JUST the right one or else my day would be ruined. I knew a Boston Creme would be a good choice, but then again, they had apple filled powdered doughnuts, and jelly filled, and plain glazed...I started to get overwhelmed. This feeling led me to my final decision: I needed 2. One Boston Creme...and something else....then I saw it: the "Manager's Special". It looked like a frosty doughnut with zebra stripes. I asked the very nice girl behind the counter, "What's the deal with that manager special?". She replied, "It's a yeast raised coconut doughnut with chocolate drizzle".

Instant food boner. A coconut doughnut with chocolate drizzle. Never in my life have I heard anything so sexy, so "pants optional", as this phrase. I knew in that moment that it had to be mine. It must be mine. So I got it (along with the Boston Creme and a cup of coffee). We sat down to eat and relax. The Boston creme was good, typical. The frosting on it was nice a rich and pretty fresh so I was happy with it. Then I took my first bite of the Manager's Special. Sweet, spongy inside, crusty sugary sweet coconuty outside with a hint of deep rich chocolate. It was heaven. Angels sang their Hallelujah Chorus. My heart was filled with the joy and peace that only a perfect sugary experience could bring. I'm instantly alone with the doughnut. We are in a candlelit room, there's smooth jazz playing softly in the background...sexy doughnut time!!!

....In the midst of my deeply sexual experience and about halfway through the doughnut I can hear giggling. Is that the doughnut? In that instant I am pulled out of my fantasy with a vacuum-like sound...Shelby is laughing at me. My face is covered in coconut, my eyes are closed. She says, "You HAVE to let me get some pictures of this". And so, I invite you to enjoy a peek into my sugar fantasy...

                                                  The Manager's Special: It certainly hit the spot

                                                Raw footage. This is what eating really looks like

                                              I'm drunk of sugar. Note the expression of pure joy.

                                     I was imagining I was a Vampire and the doughnut was a hot chick

                                                   Holy shit I burnt my mouth on hot coffee!!!

                                      I look like I'm trying to eat and take a dump at the same time. I'm not.

                                       A little bit of a giggle fit here but I'm trying to waste any doughnut.

                                                 This is what pure doughnut satisfaction looks like.

                                                          I love you. Don't ever leave me...

                                                                   Mmmmmm.....nom.

A Titanic moment: I'll never let go, Manager's Special!
Neeear...Faaar...Where EEEEEVVVEERRRR YOU AAAAARRRE....


I hope you enjoyed this doughnut fantasy with me. And a special thank you to Shelby for taking these pics, laughing with me, and letting me get a little crazy in public on a Friday.

Gimme some sugar,
Dana C


No comments:

Post a Comment